Case Study 32: Geelong Grammar School
The Royal Commission held a public hearing in Melbourne from Tuesday 1 to Friday 11 September 2015 and in Sydney from Thursday 22 to Friday 23 October 2015.
The public hearing inquired into the experiences of former students of Geelong Grammar School, Victoria.
The scope and purpose of the public hearing was to inquire into:
- The experience of former students of Geelong Grammar School, Victoria.
- The responses of the School Council, Principals and other members of staff of Geelong Grammar School to:
- concerns raised about inappropriate conduct, or
- complaints about child sexual abuse
where the concerns raised or complaints made related to the behaviour of teaching and non-teaching staff of Geelong Grammar School towards students.
- The past and current practices, policies and procedures in place at Geelong Grammar School in relation to raising and responding to concerns and complaints about child sexual abuse.
- Any related matters.