The Royal Commission will hold a public hearing in Sydney from Tuesday 10 March 2015.
The hearing will examine preventing child sexual abuse in out-of-home care and responding to allegations of child sexual abuse occurring in out-of-home care in all Australian jurisdictions.
The scope and purpose of the public hearing is to inquire into:
- The incidence of child sexual abuse in contemporary out-of-home care settings.
- Recruitment, assessment and training of carers in out-of-home care.
- Monitoring and oversight of children in out-of-home care in the context of preventing child sexual abuse and responding to allegations of child sexual abuse.
- Systems, policies, practices and procedures for
- reporting allegations of child sexual abuse in out-of-home care
- responding to allegations of child sexual abuse in out-of-home care, and
- supporting children who have been sexually abused in out-of-home care.
- Any related matters.